Friday, May 11, 2018

Butterfly Love

Howdy my stamping friends!

I am so in love with today's card. I used a sketch provided by another Journey coach to a sketch group that I belong to. We get a new challenge each week. This week the challenge wasn't just the sketch but, a special technique as well. Here's how I made the card.

But first would you like to see it?

This is such a happy card. So here's how I made it:

First I cut my Whipped Cream card base to 4-1/4 x 11 and folded in half. Next I took the lightest blue from my Pan Pastels Confectionery Days and rubbed over the Circle Bliss stencil to make the background.

I layered a rectangle of Whipped Cream card stock on top of Candy Apple Red card stock which was then layered on top of Huckleberry Fusion card stock.  I placed a strip of Candy Apple Red and Huckleberry Fusion card stock over the bottom of the previous rectangle then wrapped Special Day Organza Ribbon around the strip going around the card front.

Here's the really fun part, the technique. Take several baby wipes and layer one on top of another in a tray and put several drops of liquid color randomly over the top of the baby wipes. I used Catalina Blue, Candy Apple Red, and Limeade Splash Liquid Colors. I think the bright colors work best but you can get good results from the more pastel colors as well. Let the colors edges spread and run into one another until you see no white from the baby wipe any longer.

Using the baby wipe now as an ink pad, I stamped a butterfly from the Small Things stamp set in our Summer Mini catalog on to a scrap of Whipped Cream card stock 3 times and cut out. I used my Journey Crease Tool to shape the wings of the butterfly and placed on my card front with Journey Craft Glue just down the middle of each butterfly and popped up each wing with Small Journey Foam Squares. I also stamped the sentiment on the left side of the card base with Black Licorice Ink Pad.

Lastly, I glued 3 red Ranibow Drops under the rectangle with the butterflies and sprinkled the whole card with Beach Ball Silk and Sparkle Silk. I brushed a little extra Sparkle Silk on the butterflies.

This was such a fun technique and fun card to make. I hope you will give it a try.

Thanks for stopping by today!
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment