Sunday, September 10, 2017

An Adventure

Howdy Paper Crafters!

Here's a project I worked on recently where I used the Journey Gel Press for the background.


I mixed a little Journey Acrylic Paint (Blue Lagoon) with our Journey Molding Paste and a little spritz of water.  Once I had that mixed on the gel press, I used my spatula to move the color around a little to get some blank areas to soften the background before laying my cardstock down.  Wherever you scrape away the paint & paste it leaves a blank spot on your cardstock.  In this case, I used whip cream cardstock so I was left with some white spots.  Perfect for the sky.  Then, to cut down on the texture just a bit I swirled my finger through the paint on the cardstock.  Now it looks even more like sky.  This piece was layered on a piece of whip cream cardstock sponged with Lovely Blue True Fusion Ink around the edges and that was layered on the Rock Candy cardstock . The bottom layer is Blue Lagoon cardstock cut & folded to a quarter sheet.  I used our cloud die cuts for the clouds;   I stamped the the plane with Black Licorice True Fusion Ink and fussy cut it.  I used my craft knife to cut out a few  of the inner areas.  I stamped a sentiment in Black Licorice ink on whip cream cardstock and flagged one end.  All the elements were popped up with Journey foam dots for a little dimension. Lastly, I added Journey Sparkle Silk & Silver Silk for a little more of that mixed media look.

Hope you like my card today. Stop back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment